diciembre: A night in Tepoztlan
Early on just an average Saturday morning, Sarah and I packed our bags and made the trip to Tepoztlan. We met Sarah’s coworker, my futbol teammate, and our friend Nuvia at a little café for some coffee and sweet bread. Sarah and I were scheduled to get our hair cut from Nuvia’s stylist but turns out she was sick and had to cancel. Well, that left us with a bit more time on our hands, so we wandered around the artisan market, stopped by another café, and ate a little lunch of quesadillas in the market food stands. Yummy and cheap – sounds great to a volunteer like me!
Afterwards, Sarah and I went to our hostel and home-base for the night and I put on my soccer gear for our game. I had to chuckle as Sarah and I walked the ten minutes or so through town down to the field as she was looking cute as normal and I was fully dressed for the game (including cleats!) Haha. We probably looked like an odd couple of güeras. Well, we played and won. I have more fun and play better every game – maybe these old bones still have it in them even after nine years without playing.
Then we got ourselves all dolled up for a night out on the town of dancing. Nuvia, Sarah and I met up with Heidi and Marcelo for dinner and then we went down to a salsa club called Telón. Sarah’s coworkers Gloria, Flor and Mahua came along as well as Flor’s sisters and Mahua’s two sons and two of their friends. We were a crew and a half. I proceeded to dance the night away and sing along with the live Cuban band. It was a wonderful night and we got back to the hostel late.
Nuvia, Sarah and I got a coffee and sweet bread breakfast and chatted for a few hours in the morning before Sarah and I hit the road back to Cuernavaca. It was such a fun little getaway and I hope that we can make more overnights despite the fact that it blew about one-fourth of my stipend! I know we are called to live simply, but then again, we are also only able to live once. Ahh, what a dilemma.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home